Barley is rich in vitamins and minerals, fiber, b vitamins chlorophyll, phosphorus, manganese, calcium, magnesium and copper, iron and vitamin b12, protein and very low in fat, cholesterol, and sugar content
Recipe of Barley water For 5-6 cups (5-6 servings)
▪ 3/4 cup barley
▪ 2 lemons (zest and juice)
▪ 6 cups water
▪ Rock Salt optional
1) Rinse Barley under cold water until water runs clear
2) Place barley in a pan with grated lemon peel and 5-6 cups of water.
3) Bring to a boil over medium heat. reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
4) Strain mixture into a bowl. Discard the barley.
5) Stir in lemon juice, and then let the mixture cool to room temperature.
6) Pour into bottles and refrigerate until chilled. And can be stored for 1 week
❖ Lowers BP and cholesterol
❖ Helps you lose weight: about 2 to 3 glasses can be consumed every day
❖ Has healing properties
❖ Promotes healthy bones and teeth
❖ Combats diabetes
❖ Prevents gallstones and Reduces your child’s risk of developing asthma
❖ Boost immunity
❖ Improves digestion and constipation
❖ Protects against atherosclerosis
❖ Cures impotence
❖ Prevents urinary tract infections(powerful diuretic)
❖ Reduces your risk of cancer, symptoms of arthritis
❖ Improves skin elasticity, brightens the skin tone, hydrates the skin, treats clogged pores
❖ Promotes cardiovascular health
❖ Promotes hair growth,
High potassium and renal patients
• Do not use lemon or lemon peel in the Barley water
Barley in other languages: jau (hindi), juvar/cheno (gujarati), barli arisi (tamil), barli biyyam (telugu)