Choose from any of the following options:
1) Complete water fast
2) Whole day juice feasting
3) Intermittent fasting (1 or 2 meals)
Permissible items if you are water fasting or in between meals if intermittent fasting:
1) Water with sabja or chia seeds (your is the biggest support and the strongest strategy to make fasting successful)
2) Cinnamon Tea or any Herbal Tea.
3) Green or Black Tea
4) Kokam, Tamarind Saar (Imli/ tamarind/ chinch saar with stevia, jeera (cumin seeds) and salt)
5) Lemon sherbet with stevia
6) Black Coffee or Coffee with coconut milk or coconut oil
7) Soaked almonds, walnuts, and seeds.
SOME UPWAAS ITEMS SUITABLE FOR THIS DAY:
1) Kuttu (buckwheat / fafad)
2) Singhada (water chestnut)
3) Rajgira (amaranth)
4) Unhusked warai (Little Millet) is a millet (refined warai i.e. bhagar hikes sugars a lot, so avoid)
5) Upwaas thalipeeth of rajgira/ kuttu/ warai millet can be made with grated cucumber in it
6) Barley khichadi tastes like Sabudana khichadi
REMEMBER TO USE ONLY ONE OF THE ABOVE AT ONE TIME. Sugars can shoot if quantities are high by increasing the glycemic load.
7) Sweet Potato can be had around 100g per day in grated form or in cutlets. It has great nutritive value.
8) Makhana snacks , kheer in coconut milk with stevia as sweetener.
9) Shingada sheera: with almond milk/ coconut milk, date paste and cardamom powder can be made.....If no medicines and fasting sugars are 100 or below. IF SUGARS ARE HIGH AVOID DATES TOTALLY
10) Groundnut Amti: with little tamarind and ginger + Little millet with dry tadaka (of jeera, green chilli) can be had OR plain rice made of little millet + 1 bowl cut pieces of cucumber or kakdichi koshimbir 11) Kavath chutney (wood apple)/ Sweet and savoury juice of kavath/ Bel/ Tadgola (Ice apple) allowed
12) Coconut milk : 60 ml if thin and 30 ml if thick, per day or 2 tablespoon (tbsp) of scraped coconut is allowed per day or 1/4 of a medium sized fresh coconut. Tender coconut water allowed.
13) Soaked Nuts : 20-25 groundnut OR 10 almonds OR 5 whole walnuts can be had in a day (if not having nuts in any other form)
14) Fruits: If sugars are stable with zero or less medicines. Quantity 3-4 per day.