Following are the drinks diabetics can have during summer (Patient with heart and kidney problem or those on fluid restriction should take precaution)
1) Jaljeera (unsweetened or can add stevia)
2) Kokam (Aagal) (unsweetened) can add jeera + salt or rock salt + stevia
3) Lemon water can add salt or rock salt + elaichi + stevia
4) Barley water Heat the water and pearl barley in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Add the salt and let it cook on a low flame for 30 minutes. You can muddle the grains a little, using a spoon. Strain it into a glass, tip in a lemon rind. Let it cool completely. You can also keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and then have it. You can use ginger, cinnamon, cumin seeds and other spices, or orange juice to enhance the taste. The leftover grains can be used to make cereals, salads or a thickening agent for curries and smoothies. Don't waste it!
5) Kairi panha unsweetened (can add stevia + mint + elaichi)
SOME MORE DRINKS
1) Coconut water without malai (can spike sugar level so take precaution. Can have once in a week)
2) Coriander and jeera water + salt or rock salt + saunf
3) Solkadhi made from vegan buttermilk or coconut milk once in a week
4) Vegan buttermilk made from vegan curd (please refer FFD manual for recipe)
5) Jamun juice unsweetened
6) Lemon ginger water + salt or rock salt
7) Cucumber + pudina juice + salt or rock salt
1) No neera and fruit juice allowed.
2) You can have sabja or tulsi seeds in all the above drinks.
3) You can add stevia in all above drinks.