Health benefits of Kalonji (Black Cumin) seeds
Manifold benefits of Kalonji (Black Cumin) seeds
Seeds are a powerhouse of nutrients and we all know the importance of seeds in our diet. Watermelon, sesame, sunflower, flaxseeds, chia, and kalonji is a list of a few seeds that are very good for health.
Today, we are going to learn about kalonji seeds and how to eat them
Kalonji whose scientific name is Nigella sativa is also called black cumin or nigella seeds in Hindi, Roman coriander, black caraway, fennel flower, and nutmeg flower is its English names.
The Black Cumin plant comes under the buttercup family of flowering plants. The seeds of this plant are known as kalonji seeds. It is used as a spice that gives a nice aroma to food and it is also famous for its medicinal properties. Centuries ago, it was used as a natural remedy for everything.
Kalonji Nutrition Facts:
Amount Per 100 grams of Kalonji Seeds = Calories 345 % Daily Value*
- Total Fat 15 g 23%
- Saturated fat 0.5 g 2%
- Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
- Sodium 88 mg 3%
- Potassium 1,694 mg 48%
- Total Carbohydrate 52 g 17%
- Dietary fiber 40 g 160%
- Protein 16 g 32%
- Vitamin C 35%
- Calcium 119%
- Iron 102%
- Vitamin D 0%
- Vitamin B-6 25%
- Cobalamin 0%
- Magnesium 96%
Kalonji seeds for Diabetes Management:
1) They effectively regulate blood sugar levels. Since it remarkably lowers sugar down one must regularly check your blood sugar level. In diabetes, one can add the oil to black tea and have it empty stomach.
2) Drink black tea with half a teaspoon of kalonji oil in the morning and before going to bed. Stop it if sugar levels are normal.
For Heart complaints & Constriction of Veins:
1) By controlling bad cholesterol levels in your body also, helps in boosting heart health.
2) It liquefies fats and widens veins and arteries. To get this advantage, one should take half a teaspoon of kalonji oil with any hot drink in the mornings.
Kalonji for High BP
Symptoms of High BP can be naturally controlled with Kalonji;
1) Hot drink with half a teaspoon of kalonji seed oil at any time is good for high BP.
Also, you can apply kalonji seed oil to your whole body and expose it to the sun.
Do this every three days for one month.
Kalonji when had with warm water promotes weight loss. It loosens the extra fat and makes you look trim and slim.
Kalonji Seeds Benefits:
- It helps to stimulate the menstrual period, stimulate excretion of urine, expel worms, and quell colic pain.
- Boosts Memory
- Kalonji seeds help alleviate your intellectual level. Helps increase memorizing ability and can be taken at any age.
- A Cough and Cold Remedy
- Kalonji oil even a few drops help with dry cough, asthma, and calms the nervous system
- Strengthens Teeth
- Is a natural remedy for dental diseases and can help stop toothaches.
- Cure Constipation
- When had with black tea it can help in constipation problems.
- Cure Cracked Heels. One can soak feet in warm water containing lemon juice and one teaspoon of kalonji oil.
- Boost Immune System
- It boosts the natural killer cell activity. This can help in the treatment of AIDS and cancer.
- Natural Pain Killer without any side effects. It is best for headaches. Just apply Kalonji oil over your forehead.
Kalonji Seeds Side Effects
- This doesn’t pose any side effects when taken in small quantities. However, when taken in large amounts, it can lead to low blood pressure or low blood sugar levels which pose a risk to life. Its effect is not much known during breastfeeding. So, to remain on the safe side, you must avoid its use during breastfeeding.
- During surgery or after surgery, it can pose a risk of bleeding and might hinder your surgery. It also slows down the clotting process. If you take the Black Seed oil unmixed or undiluted it can produce gripe and irritate the digestive system.
All things considered, Kala jeera are not only beneficial for diabetics, but they are useful for everyone due to their manifold benefits.
People with diabetes incorporate kalonji seeds into their food regime and Start Reversing diabetes, Control your Diabetes with it.
How did you find this article on Kalonji seeds?
Let maximum people know about it by sharing.
This Blog solely serves our marketing purposes, for Authentic knowledge for this topic, Please join our upcoming Discover Reversal Session