Kalonji is a well-known spice that helps in giving a nice aroma to food. It is perfect for health and possesses many medicinal properties too. In English, it is called fennel flower, black caraway, nutmeg flower, Roman coriander. The most common English name for it is Black Seed. The oil extracted from Black Seed has a rich composition of more than 100 compounds including essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals, comprised of approximately 21% protein, 38% carbohydrates, and 35% plant fats and oils.
How it is beneficial to Diabetics:
1) It is effective in regulating your blood sugar levels. You must regularly check your blood sugar level, as it considerably lowers it down. Diabetics can consume it by adding Kalonji oil in black tea. This can be consumed on an empty stomach to get effective results.
2) In one cup of Black Tea, mix half teaspoon Black Seed oil and drink it in the morning and before going to bed. Check Sugar level – stop the dosage if sugar levels are normal.
For Heart complaints & Constriction of Veins:
1) It helps in boosting heart health by controlling bad cholesterol levels in your body.
2) Take half teaspoon of Black Seed oil mixed with any hot drink daily in the mornings, this will liquefy the fats and widen the veins and arteries.
Hypertension symptoms can be controlled naturally with the help of Kalonji seeds.
1) Take half teaspoon of Black Seed oil with any hot drink at any time. Apply Black Seed oil to your whole body and expose it to the sun every three days, continue the treatment for a month.
2) Support weight loss
Kalonji seeds when consumed with warm water help in promoting weight loss. It helps in loosening the extra fat and makes you look slim and trim.
Other health benefits
1) It also helps stimulate excretion of urine, quell colic pain, expel worms, stimulate menstrual period.
2) Boosts Memory
Kalonji seeds are related with alleviating your intellectual level. It also boosts your memorizing ability, and you can take this in any age.
3) A Cough and Cold Remedy
If you add a few drops to your coffee or tea it can help calm the nervous system, dry cough, asthma, and bronchial respiratory complaints.
4) Strengthens Teeth
Kalonji is an excellent natural remedy to treat your dental diseases. It also helps you stop toothaches.
5) Cure Constipation
Kalonji, when consumed with black tea, can help you cure your constipation problem easily and more efficiently.
6) Cure Cracked Heels
Soak your feet in warm water containing one teaspoon Kalonji oil and lemon juice. This will help cure your cracked heels faster.
7) Boost Immune System
The use of Black Seed significantly improves the T-cell ratio and enhances the natural killer cell activity. Thus Black Seed help in the treatment of cancer and AIDS.
8) Natural Pain Killer
Kalonji is a natural painkiller without any side-effects. It is best used for getting rid of headaches. You can apply Kalonji oil over your forehead and quickly purge off your aches. Its oil is also used to cure joint pain.
9) Skin Problems
Kalonji helps in maintaining a glowing and clear skin. It fights against acne, scars, blemishes, pimples, etc. Use it by adding its oil to your face pack or by mixing with lime juice.
Side-Effects & Allergies of Kalonji
This doesn’t pose any side effects, when taken in small quantities. However, when taken in large amounts, it can lead to low blood pressure or low blood sugar levels which pose a risk to life. Its effect is not much known during breastfeeding. So, to remain on the safe side, you must avoid its use during breastfeeding.
During surgery or after surgery, it can pose a risk of bleeding and might hinder your surgery. It also slows down the clotting process. If you take the Black Seed oil unmixed or undiluted it can produce gripe and irritate the digestive system.