Besan Pudla | Besan Pudla Recipe | Mix Vegetable Besan Pudla
We all know, having a healthy diet reduces the risk of having various chronic diseases. If you are diabetic, choosing right food is the first important step to keep your sugars in control.
Every state, every region, has its own unique cooking style and set of food items. Adapting to good things from others is always a good practice.
Today, we have chosen a healthy recipe from Gujarati cuisine - Besan pudla with veggies.
What is Pudla?
Pudla is the name of a Gujarati style savory pancake. It is prepared from seasonal vegetables like the pods of fresh green peas in winter or bottle gourd in summer.
Is besan good for diabetes?
Chickpea flour or besan has protein and good fat than whole wheat flour. It is rich in folate, complex carbohydrates plus its glycemic index is low. These properties put it in the diabetes-friendly category.
Is bottle gourd good for diabetes?
Lauki or bottle gourd is considered one of the healthiest vegetables to fight diabetes due to its interesting combination of 92% water and 8% fiber. Due to its negligible amount of glucose and sugar-related compounds, it is considered an ideal food for diabetics.
What is the glycemic index of bottle gourd?
The glycemic index of bottle gourd is very low 15. This also means its consumption slows down the release of sugar into the blood which is beneficial in diabetes.
This is a wonderful recipe to start your day. It is a no grain recipe best for diabetics with all the goodness of besan and vegetable like Bottle gourd or dudhi.
|Preparation time||10 mins|
|Cooking time||10 minutes|
Besan pudla with veggies recipe
- Besan – 1 cup
- Grated Dudhi – ½ cup
- Green Chilli Paste – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Ajwain – ¼ tsp
- Jeera Powder – ¼ tsp
- Crushed Whole Dhania –2 tsp
- Chopped Coriander – ¼ cup
- Mix all ingredients.
- Add enough water to make the batter like dhokla consistency.
- Heat the tawa on medium flame.
- Brush oil.
- Put a ladle full of batter in the center of the tawa and spread it to form a big circle.
- Cover and let it cook.
- Once its turns brown from one side, turn over and cook the other side.
- Choosing healthy and low GI food ingredients is the key to remain healthy.
- This Gujarati recipe fulfills all the criteria and hence should be included by all the diabetics in their diet regimen.
- It is the best snacks option.
Visit FFD's recipes section to get to know about more such diabetes-friendly recipes.
FFD has been extremely successful in making people healthy and free from diabetes and other lifestyle disorders. This success is due to our deep knowledge and right implementation. Do enroll in our Discover Reversal Session and get customized treatment for your speedy Diabetes Reversal and improvement in other health concerns.
Looking for other healthy Diabetes-friendly Recipes? Try these: