Barley Water: Benefits, Side effects & Its Recipe
Barley Water is a healthy, cooling drink loaded with nutrients. it is a classic drink that may be found all over the world. This refreshing beverage hydrates nourishes, detoxifies, and cools the body in the summer.
Barley is a cereal grain with a nutty and mild flavor that is found in temperate climates in the world. The commonly known fact about barley is that is used in beer and whiskey production, but lesser people know that there is something like a simple recipe that is very effective in health and very good for diabetics, and can help in Diabetes Reversal.
What are the benefits of jau?
jau is very nutritious. It is rich in minerals, vitamins, fiber, phosphorus, calcium, manganese, magnesium and copper, vitamin B12, iron, and protein, and is very low in fat, cholesterol, and sugar content.
How to make Barley water?
Recipe of for 5-6 cups (5-6 servings)
- 3/4 cup barley
- 2 lemons (zest and juice)
- 6 cups water
- Rock Salt optional
- Rinse Barley under cold water until water runs clear
- Place barley in a pan with grated lemon peel and 5-6 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain mixture into a bowl. Discard the barley.
- Stir in lemon juice, and then let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Pour into bottles and refrigerate until chilled. This can be stored for 1 week
Barley Water Benefits
- Having barley water can lower BP and cholesterol
- If consumed 2 to 3 glasses per day it can help in effective weight loss
- Barley water has been found to have great healing properties
- It promotes healthy bones and teeth
- Helps combat diabetes
- Barley water helps in boosting immunity
- Improves digestion and constipation
- Protects against atherosclerosis
- Cures impotence
- It is a powerful diuretic and prevents urinary tract infections
- Reduces your risk of cancer, symptoms of arthritis
- Improves skin elasticity, brightens the skin tone, hydrates the skin, treats clogged pores
- Promotes cardiovascular health
- Promotes hair growth.
Barley Water Side Effects
Barley water is safe for most people but for few, it can cause Side effects of bloating gas or a feeling of fullness. Barley can also cause an allergic reaction in some people.
Very few can get allergic reactions due to it also. People with high potassium and renal patients should avoid the use of lemon or lemon peel in barley water.
When should I drink barley water?
The best thing about barley water is we can prepare it in large quantity and store it in the refrigerator. It can be had any time and to get maximum barley water benefits one should drink it two times a day.
Looking at the above benefits, one can infer that barley water is definitely useful for diabetics.
So what are you waiting for? Start having barley water.
How did you find this piece of information to be? If you found it useful, do share it with your friends and family. Freedom from Diabetes' informative blog section is full of information about various food items which are diabetes-friendly. Do visit our website to know more about other diabetes-friendly foods like seeds, nuts, fruits helpful in diabetes.
This Blog solely serves our marketing purposes, for Authentic knowledge for this topic, Please join our upcoming Discover Reversal Session