Quinoa with Roasted Vegetables and Tahini Recipe
Combining foods is a great idea! And having the right combination of food is even better for health!
What does combination food mean?
What are the benefits of food combining?
Improperly combined food is hard to digest. On the other hand, properly combined food promotes more efficient and smoother digestion. Plus this food gives you more energy.
Today, we are going to learn about one such healthy, diabetes-friendly combined food recipe - Quinoa with roasted vegetables and tahini.
Is quinoa good for diabetics?
Yes... Quinoa biggest plus point is it is high in fiber. This dietary fiber content which is higher as compared to other grains makes quinoa particularly beneficial for people with diabetes. Quinoa glycemic index is 53, which means it does spike one's sugar levels.
Is Tahini good for diabetics?
Tahini is nothing but a paste made from toasted and ground sesame seeds. It is a versatile ingredient that can be used spread, dip, or condiment. We all know sesame is good for diabetes and Tahini's main ingredient is sesame. So tahini is a great option if one has diabetes.
This quinoa recipe is a super tasty and healthy recipe due to its interesting combination of quinoa, roasted vegetables, and tahini. Diabetics must try it.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking time||15-20 min|
Let us see how to make Veg Quinoa Recipe the FFD way
- ¼ Cup Quinoa (कीनुआ)
- 1 Tsp Chilli flakes
- 1 Tsp dried Oregano
- 2-3 Tsp finely chopped Garlic
- Finely chopped Basil
- Finely chopped Parsley
- ½ cup Vegan curd
- 2 Tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- 1 Small Green Capsicum
- 1 Small Red Capsicum
- 1 Onion
- ½ Cup blanched Broccoli florets
- Pepper powder
- Boil half cup water in a deep pan.
- Add the washed quinoa and salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame, by stirring it occasionally.
- Once done keep aside for cooling.
- Heat oil In a skillet.
- Add garlic and fry until they turn golden in color.
- Remove some fried garlic and keep them aside to be sprinkled onto the roasted vegetables.
- Once done add some parsley, ½ Tsp dried oregano, ½ Tsp chili flakes, some basil, and toss them well for about a minute.
- After a minute, add salt and pepper to the herbs.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the pan and mix well to combine.
- Let them cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Once done, turn off the heat and transfer it to a serving bowl.
- Have it with tahini dressing
FFD since its inception has been doing great work in the field of diabetes reversal. We do not limit ourselves to just diet and exercise but also consider other parameters about health. Our Intensive Reversal Program (IRP) is a wonderfully blended one-of-its-kind "Diabetes Reversal Program". Not only that we also help people reverse other lifestyle disorders like overweight, PCOD, thyroid, BP, and others. Make the best decision of your life - Enroll in FFD's Discover Reversal Session.
Looking for other healthy Diabetes-friendly Recipes? Try these: