This diabetes-friendly Chocolate cake is all you need for the Christmas party!
Who doesn't enjoy a cake? Almost everyone, whether a child, a middle-aged person or an elderly person, likes cakes. The cake is the traditional celebration treat, appearing at weddings, birthdays, and anniversaries all around the world and everyone's favorite dessert has always been cake, which can be made at home or ordered in restaurants or bakeries.
Can diabetics eat cake?
Yes... Diabetics are allowed to eat cake. they can eat a small piece sometimes if sugars are in control. But it should be homemade vegan cake using nut butter instead of normal butter or oil, emmer flour instead of maida, and dates + stevia instead of sugar.
What is the best chocolate for diabetics?
Dark chocolate receives the highest rating Because of its nutritional characteristics. Dark chocolate should contain at least 15% chocolate liquor, according to the FDA. Top-grade dark chocolate is vegan-friendly because it does not contain dairy or milk ingredients.
It is an eggless cake recipe that does not even contain milk or milk products.
|Total preparation time||45-50 minutes|
- 3 Cups Almond/ Badam Milk
- 3/4th Cup Oil
- 6 Dates
- Few Drops Stevia as Per Taste
- 2 Cups Emmer Wheat Flour/ Khapli Aata
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Sodium Bicarbonate
- 1 tsp Cocoa Powder
- Soak Dates in 2 cups of almond milk for 4 hours and make a paste in a blender.
- Grease and line an 8x8 inch cake tin and keep it ready.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Add the remaining ingredients one by one in the given sequence and blend to make the batter- 1 cup almond milk, then oil, dates paste, vinegar, baking powder, soda, cocoa, and emmer/ khapali flour.
- Blend quickly until just mixed, then pour the batter into the greased and lined cake tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Insert a skewer into the cake to check if done.
- Remove from the oven when done, release the edges with a knife, and tip it over on a plate to cool.
- Once cooled, cut into 1/2 inch thin slices of 3-inch width and store in a container in the fridge
Important Notes For Diabetics