Vegan Carrot Cake Recipe
Vegan Carrot cake | Eggless carrot cake Recipe
What is the best dish prepared out of carrots? Without giving a second thought one would say 'Gajar Ka Halwa'. But that is not the only dish.
What is a carrot?
The carrot whose generic name is Daucus Carota is actually a root vegetable, most commonly orange in color. Mostly found in Asia and Europe but it is said to have originated in Persia.
Have you ever heard of "carrot cake?" Did you know carrot can be used to prepare a very tasty dish known as Carrot Cake also?
Yes... we have got a unique 'Vegan Carrot Cake" recipe for you. It not only has the goodness of carrots but also has other interesting and healthy ingredients like dates, khapli wheat, and more.
Vegan Carrot Cake
Course - Main course/snacks
Cuisine - Indian
Total preparation time - 45-50 minutes
Servings - 2-3
Ingredients for making Carrot Cake:
- 2 cups Khapli Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/4 cups Water
- 1 and 1/4 cups Chopped Dates
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1 teaspoon Allspice Powder
- 1 cup Shredded Carrots
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 11/3 cup Carrot Juice (or any other juice)
Water, as needed or some more juice depending upon the consistency of the batter.
1. Preheat oven for 15 minutes at 375F/190C. Lightly grease and line an 8 or 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and powder, and salt; set aside.
3. In a saucepan, combine together the water, dates, raisins, and allspice powder. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Place the shredded carrots in a large bowl. Pour the hot liquid mixture on top of it and let it cool completely.
5. Once it is cool add the chopped walnuts and carrot juice; combine it well.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir well together.
Recipe features - It is an eggless cake recipe that does not even contain milk or milk products. You can also prepare cups cakes.
Storage - One can store it at room temperature and finish within 1-2 days.
Portion size - Diabetics are suggested to have 1-2 small pieces of this cake depending on their sugar levels.
Looking for other healthy Diabetes-friendly desserts? Try these:
1. Lentil Shepherd's Pie recipe